2020 Olympic Games
- The organizing committee has published the schedule for all events of the 2020 Olympics. The duet events will be from August 3 – 5, 2020, while the teams will compete from August 7 – 8, 2020.
On the Air
- The BBC (yes, the BBC) did a podcast with Aleksandr Maltsev where he shared his personal story of becoming the first Russian male artistic swimmer, as well as his mission to grow the event and to include it at the Olympics. You can also check out a short video preview of the podcast, where Maltsev highlights his fight for gender equality in the sport.
- WBUR, Boston’s NPR news station, interviewed Kate Shortman and Isabelle Thorpe on their project against plastic pollution that went viral. Our sport was on NPR! NPR is the National Public Radio in the U.S. and is one of the biggest, most sought-out news source in the nation. Huge deal, guys.
Tech N9ne & Kendrick
- The U.S.A is working on a duet to rap and R&B music. Coaches Andrea Fuentes and Reem Abdalazem weren’t kidding when they were saying they wanted to take risks and dust off things in this sport. I CANNOT wait to see it; what a refreshing and brave undertaking. We need more of this.
- Maria Piffaretti, who represented Switzerland in the duet at the 2017 FINA World Championships, has announced her retirement on her Instagram account. Piffaretti was swimming with Maxence Bellina up until the French Open this year to try to be selected as the country’s Olympic duet.
- The Hungarian national team has started vlogging too! Check out its first video from the Hellas Beetles Cup.
- The medals for the 2019 FINA World Championships have been unveiled.