2023 FINA World Championships in…. Kazan?
- FINA’s president Julio Maglione mentioned in a short briefing that the 2023 FINA World Championships might not happen in Doha, Qatar after all, and may be moved to Kazan, Russia. This is not so surprising particularly after previous world competitions in other sports like the 2018 FIG World Championships or the 2019 IAAF World Championships drew no crowd and faced a ton of criticisms. The issue of the treatment of migrant workers currently building the stadiums for the 2022 FIFA World Cup has also been on the forefront of the news regarding the nation.
New Routines Underway
- Just like last season, Anastasia Ermakova was back in Canada to choreograph new routines ahead of the 2020 Olympics for the national team.
- Liechtenstein‘s duet of Lara Mechnig and Marluce Schierscher have been working with Olga Pylypchuk on their routines.
- The duet from Slovakia of Nada Daabousova, Diana Miskechova and Chiara Diky is in Canada and getting a new free duet choreography by Denise Sauvé.
- The Russian team received the Glamour Magazine Team of the Year Award, as it should.
In Case You Missed It
- The 2020 FINA World Series competitions have been announced!
- The U.S. has selected Anita Alvarez and Lindi Schroeder to be its duet for the Olympic year and hopefully earn a berth to Tokyo.
Article by Christina Marmet