The first Sync Up edition of 2019 is a short one! I hope everybody had great holidays, and that 2019 will be a fantastic year for all.
- The Belarusian Ministry of Sport and Tourism has published the official list of national team members in synchronized swimming for 2019. Among them is former Russian athlete Daria Kulagina. Kulagina was a standout for Russia as a junior, notably competing at the 2015 European Games in duet with Valeriya Filenkova, and at the 2016 FINA Jr World Championships in the duet with current senior team member Veronika Kalinina. Kulagina recently competed at the 2018 Belarusian Cup in duet with none other than Vasilina Khandoshka.
- Bregje and Noortje de Brouwer from the Netherlands had the pleasure of training with Svetlana Romashina.
- The Portuguese duet of Maria Beatriz Conçalves and Cheila Vieira received the help of three-time world champion Virginie Dedieu.
- Russia’s Svetlana Kolesnichenko showed off a flawless transition between two different types of sculls in this underwater video.
In Case You Missed It
- Mexico has announced its new Olympic duet composition: Nuria Diosdado and Joana Jimenez.
- Belarus has named Aliona Svetlichnaya as the senior head coach.
Article by Christina Marmet