- Danielle Kettlewell, a 2016 Olympian who recently made history for Australia after competing in the nation’s first-ever mixed duet at the 2019 FINA World Championships, has released her book! In “The Unlikely Olympian: Step into Your Fears To Achieve Your Dream,” she takes you through her journey in the sport of synchronized swimming, and how to face your fears to achieve your goals.
Moving On Up
- Xavier Guillén, who was part of Spain’s junior mixed duet this season and won a silver in free at the Junior European Championships, will join the senior national team full-time in September in Barcelona at the CAR Sant Cugat, where the squad lives and trains year-round. Congratulations to him!
Vlogs & Videos
- Bregje and Noortje de Brouwer from the Netherlands have been vlogging all season, and their latest video is out! Check out what they were up to at the world championships in Gwangju, and even get a little behind-the-scenes tour of the athletes’ village.
- Olga Sedakova, who competed for the Soviet Union, the Unified Team and eventually the Russian Federation, was recently inducted in the International Swimming Hall of Fame. She competed in two Olympic Games (1992, 1996), was a three-time world champion and 10-time European champion before retiring in 1998 after sweeping every gold medal. You can watch a recap of some of her accomplishment as well as her speech during the ISHOF induction ceremony here.
- Canada’s Jacqueline Simoneau was on “Breakfast Television” after the Pan American Games. Check out her appearance here. She was also featured on Radio-Canada Sports.